Salgados Palace, Albufeira Algarve, Portugal - Room Loulé
Time is local time.
ALBA Mentoring Circles: discussions on diversity and inclusion in neuroscience
This mentoring circles session will facilitate discussions on various topics at the heart of equity, diversity, and inclusion in neuroscience in the Southern Europe region, and allow exploring concrete actions to fight discrimination and promote inclusion at the individual, lab, or organisational level.
This event is targeted at researchers at all career stages from graduate school to senior positions in neuroscience and related fields.
The session will include a brief introduction followed by topic-focused mentoring circle tables. Each table will be facilitated by a mentor and participants will have be able to join various tables depending on their interests. The session will conclude with some “take home” messages.
Topics for the mentoring circle tables
- Improving accessibility for scientists with disabilities
- Diversity in leadership
- Mental health
- Imposter syndrome
- Social inequities
- Career Paths
- Maria Inês Barros, Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology (CNC), University of Coimbra – Portugal
- Caroline Menard, CERVO Brain Research Center – Canada
- Catarina Miranda, Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology (CNC), University of Coimbra – Portugal
- Carmen Sandi, EPFL – Switzerland
- Marlene Santos, Polytechnic Institute of Porto – Portugal
- Sara Xapelli, Instituto de Medicina Molecular iMM – Portugal
- Emma Yhnell, Cardiff University – UK
This event is part of the FENS Regional Meeting 2023 (3-5 May - Algarve, Portugal). In order to access the event, you should be an FRM registered participant. More information on registration here: fensrm2023algarve.pt/registration/#