Salgados Palace, Albufeira Algarve, Portugal - Room Albufeira
Time is local time.
ALBA Mentoring Circles: discussions on diversity and inclusion in neuroscience
This mentoring circles session will facilitate discussions on various topics at the heart of equity, diversity, and inclusion in neuroscience in the Southern Europe region, and allow participants to explore concrete actions to fight discrimination and promote inclusion at the individual, lab and organisational levels.
This event is targeted at researchers at all career stages from graduate school to senior positions in neuroscience and related fields.
The session will include a brief introduction followed by topic-focused mentoring circle tables. Each table will be facilitated by a mentor and participants will have be able to join various tables depending on their interests. The session will conclude with some “take home” messages.
Please register to this event and let us know which topics you would prefer to discuss.
Topics for the mentoring circle tables
- Improving accessibility for scientists with disabilities
- Diversity in leadership
- Mental health
- Imposter syndrome
- Social inequities
- Career Paths
- Ethnic diversities
- Carmen Sandi, EPFL – Switzerland - Chair
- Emma Yhnell, Cardiff University – UK - Chair
- Maria Inês Barros, Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology (CNC), University of Coimbra – Portugal
- Andrew Lin, University of Sheffield – UK
- Caroline Menard, CERVO Brain Research Center – Canada
- Catarina Miranda, Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology (CNC), University of Coimbra – Portugal
- Marlene Santos, Polytechnic Institute of Porto – Portugal
- Stamatina Tzanoulinou, University of Lausanne – Switzerland
- Sara Xapelli, Instituto de Medicina Molecular iMM – Portugal