Leadership and Diversity at Every Step of the Journey
The ALBA Network and the World Women in Neuroscience are jointly holding a Mentoring Circle on leadership at all career stages from graduate school to senior positions in neuroscience and related fields. We will discuss elements of leadership, leadership styles, and different kinds of leadership roles.
The goal of this gathering is to engage neuroscientists from underrepresented groups attending the Forum and provide them with career development skills and resources, as well as access to mentoring.
The session will include 1-2 brief presentations followed by topic-focused mentoring circle tables. Each mentoring circle table be facilitated by WWN or ALBA Team members and participants will have the ability to join various tables depending on their interests. The session will conclude with some “take home” messages and an invitation to participate in upcoming WWN peer to peer, as well as 1-on-1 mentoring programs.
Topics for the Mentoring circle tables include:
- Gaining confidence as a leader
- Prioritizing your goals
- Charting your career path
- Creating opportunities to lead
- Impostor Syndrome
- Leading inclusively
- Getting to the table
- Influencing without authority
Some light dinner and drinks will be offered.
Registration is required.
Please note that we have reached our maximum capacity for registrations. You are welcome to come to Hall I on 11 July at 6.50 pm and see if there are some slots still available, but we can't guarantee that we will have space for you.
- Dr Anna Beyeler (University of Bordeaux, France - ALBA Ambassador)
- Dr Pam Butler (The Nathan S. Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research, US – WWN Communications Director)
- Dr Rachael Dangarembizi (University of Cape Town, SA - ALBA Board of Directors)
- Dr Anastasia (Natascha) Diamantopoulou (Goethe University Frankfurt, DE - ALBA Volunteer)
- Dr Emmeline Edwards (National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH), US - WWN Chair)
- Dr Jean King (Worcester Polytechnic Institute, US - WWN Co-Chair)
- Dr Lihle Qulu (Stellenbosch University, SA - WWN Science Advocacy Member)
- Dr Fekrije Selimi (CNRS - Collège de France, FR - ALBA Ambassador)
- Dr Stamatina Tzanoulinou (University of Lausanne, CH - ALBA Volunteer)