Watch the recording of this event
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Central and Eastern Europe in the 21st century: challenges and solutions
This event is part of the ALBA webinar series on regional issues in Central and Eastern Europe organised on the occasion of the Virtual FENS Regional Meeting 2021 (Krakow, Poland)
The session will start with an introduction of the Network and the ALBA Declaration on Equity and Inclusion by Zeljka Krsnik (ALBA Board of Directors; University of Zagreb, Croatia) and Dora Reglodi (ALBA Ambassador; University of Pecs, Hungary)
The panel comprising ALBA Members from underrepresented groups working in Central and Eastern European Countries will discuss challenges regarding Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in academia.
A discussion with the audience will follow the presentations.
- Pranav Joshi (University Hospital Bonn, Germany) - Pharmacologist and PhD candidate with a special interest in neurodegeneration and behavioral neuroscience.
- Rhea Klansek (Neuro-Bootcamp, Slovenia) - Founder of Neuro-Bootcamp, Rhea Klansek research focuses on biomedical signal processing, sensor fusion, and virtual reality.
- Aiste Lengvenyt (CHU Montpellier, France) - originally from Lithuania, she is a psychiatrist and a PhD student in health biology.
- Lei Zhang (University of Vienna, Austria) - Chair Committee for the Chinese Association for Psychological & Brain Sciences
- Maria Banqueri (Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Poland) - Postdoctoral researcher, her research interests revolve around different forms of chronic stress.
- Michael Oluwatosin Gabriel (Centre of New Technologies, University of Warsaw, Poland) - PhD candidate working on understanding molecular pathways underlying thalamic development
- Stephanie Lissette Proskauer Pena (Charles University, Medical Faculty in Pilsen, Czech republic) - Research Associate in the Laboratory of Experimental Neurophysiology at the Biomedical Center. She is also passionate about building bridges of collaboration between Mexican scientists abroad.
More information on the Virtual FENS Regional Meeting 2021 and register to the conference here: https://fensfrm2021.pl/