In this panel discussion on "Diversity: Regions specific challenges and solutions", neuroscientists coming from all over the world explain the challenges and proposed solutions to promote diversity & inclusion for women and underrepresented groups and counteract bias in their region.
The goals of the discussion are to:
- determine region-specific challenges in increasing diversity and fighting bias,
- identify solutions to these challenges that have been implemented or are being implemented,
- share best practices between regions to create a community and move forward as a global initiative.
- Keynote speaker: Tracy L. Bale, University of Maryland, USA - IBRO President & Member of the ALBA Board of Directors
- Africa region: Fleur Howells, University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Asia/Pacific region: Jinju Han, KAIST, Korea
- Latin America region: Amaicha Depino, CONICET-University of Buenos Aires, Argentina - Young IBRO Committee member
- Europe region: Anne Beyeler, University of Bordeaux - INSERM, France - ALBA Ambassador